The ADHD Soul
The Heart and Soul of ADHD, Attention Deficient Hyperactivity Disorder In Adults
Welcome To The ADHD SOUL:
Having ADHD/ADD may begin to define us from an early age. And, the negative messages we have internalized are embed in our psyche, in our hearts and even in our soul. ADHD is running deep through us like a rushing river carving out caves or canyons through mountains. ADHD/ADD becomes a part of a person’s patterns of thoughts, feelings and behaviors.
Who we are is influenced and shaped by our experiences. The struggles in growing up with ADHD or ADD may be painful. Shame may be present throughout our lives. This can lead to feelings of inadequacy, loneliness, helplessness, rejection, and heart breaking disappointments. These feelings are worsened by continuous reactions of family members, friends, teachers, coworkers, bosses and even doctors to misunderstand and/or misinterpret the behaviors of adult ADHD.
When you have ADHD you may find that you:
- Berate yourself for losing and forgetting things.
- Can’t get motivated to start things that aren’t interesting.
- Start too many things and cannot finish anything.
- Feel stupid and like you don’t know what’s going on.
- Are disorganized causing frustration in yourself and others.
- Haunted by internal voices from your childhood: why can’t you just do your homework, how did you lose that again? Why do you forget so much? ”Look at all of your missed assignments!
- Feel all alone.
ADHD influences how you:
ADHD becomes the essence of who you are:
- How you see yourself.
- How you socially relate to others.
- What choices you make.
- How you behave in you family.
- How you act in your job.
This website is to help those who live with ADHD or know someone, who has ADHD. Learning about adult ADHD will help others understand and accept you. If you have Adult ADHD/ADD you will discover insights; recognize your talents, strengths and abilities and ultimately gain self-confidence.
You will find tools to make living with ADHD easier. You can post your problems and share your solutions for a more productive, organized, and satisfying life. This is a place for you to meet people in “your ADHD tribe.”
Although ADHD may have caused you emotional pain and frustration, this website will help you; learn to take ownership of your problems, teach you to utilize ADHD tools, and embrace your unique talents. Our hope is to help you or others who know someone with ADHD, gain insight into “ the ADHD soul.”